A Civic and Symbolic Experience
All over the Alps, people are disturbed by the lack of young people in the mountains, notably in summer. Omnipresent screens, hectic lifestyles, no more room to simply… go out. Yes, out, in the open air, in woods or beside a stream. Sit in a meadow, listen, smell, observe. And then walk, climb, up the slope and maybe reach the summit?
"Youth at the Top" it's an international project: a collective action organized simultaneously in the Alpine countries (Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Switzerland) and in the Carpathians which aims to create links between the different countries and symbolically go beyond administrative and language barriers by considering the Alps as a sole region. It is a collective project which allows young people to “share an experience”, with the aim of making them aware of the value and importance of these mountain territories and developing (or rediscovering) a feeling of belonging there.
It is a project led by ALPARC, in partnership with Educ’Alpes for the French Alps with the financial support of the German Ministry for the environment. It mobilize groups of young people at a common annual date, in an active, civic process, with a symbolic and imaginative approach in order to share a physical, human, cultural and artistic collective experience in the mountains.
Youth at the Top is at the second edition
On the 12th of july 2016, more than 50 simultaneous events were planned, due to weather conditions some of them had to cancel or report the event. More than 40 events actually took place near a summit or a refuge, including various activities: rock painting, and art, writing, wood carving, light paintings, etc.
For the first test edition in 2015, 27 events took place simultaneously, organized by 24 Alpine Protected Areas and 14 local organizations.
Watch the Best-of 2015 video!
More about the event:
- 01.Cheile Bicazului-Hasmas National Park Kepek.Valogatas 01.Cheile Bicazului-Hasmas National Park Kepek.Valogatas
- 01.Parc Natural du Mercantour Alba treadwell 01.Parc Natural du Mercantour Alba treadwell
- 03.Geopark de Haute Provence Fuguen cime 03.Geopark de Haute Provence Fuguen cime
- 03.Nationalpark Berchtesgaden 03.Nationalpark Berchtesgaden
- 03.Nationalpark Gesause StefanLeitner 03.Nationalpark Gesause StefanLeitner
- 03.PNR Baronnies Provenales LESA 03.PNR Baronnies Provenales LESA
- 03.Parc Natural du Mercantour Alba treadwell 03.Parc Natural du Mercantour Alba treadwell
- 04.Nationalpark Gesuse Christian Leimberger 04.Nationalpark Gesuse Christian Leimberger
- 06. Pieniny National Park V.K 06. Pieniny National Park V.K
- 06.NaturparkWeissbach Birgit Battocleti 06.NaturparkWeissbach Birgit Battocleti
- 07.Nationalpark Berchtesgaden 07.Nationalpark Berchtesgaden
- 09.Nationalpark Gesuse Johanna-Eisank 09.Nationalpark Gesuse Johanna-Eisank
- 09.Parc Natural du Mercantour Alba treadwell 09.Parc Natural du Mercantour Alba treadwell
Resources linked to the article
- Date 16/07/2015