The Alpine Network of Protected Areas (ALPARC)
A Coordinator for international European projects and communication tasks
On a time limited work contract base (CDD - French law) – 12 months
Level of intervention:
Under the authority of the director, he (she) has as a principal mission the administrative management and coordination of two EU Interreg V B “Alpine Space” projects: YOUrALPS- Educating Youth for the Alps and GaYA- Governance and Youth in the Alps.
ALPARC is the project leader of the YOUrALPS project (2016-2019) and the overall responsible institution representing all the 13 Project Partners towards the European Union. The aim of YOUrALPS is to raise youth awareness on alpine heritage, by giving a structure to the field of mountain oriented education in the Alps.
ALPARC is project partner (Work package leader) for the GaYA project (2016-2018). GaYA project focuses on participatory democracy and youth participation in the alpine territory.
The projects language is ENGLISH.
Furthermore, the coordinator has the responsibility of the organisation of the international educational event YAT2017 and participates at the animation and at the development of the communication tools of the Alpine Network.
Fields of intervention:
- National and Regional Parks of the Alps
- Nature Reserves and Biopshere Reserves of the Alps
- Project Partners as International networks, Universities, Vocational High schools
- Ministries of Environment of the alpine countries
- European Institutions
- Protected areas of Europe
- Organisations of scientific research
- Management and coordination (financial aspects, organization, coordination) of two EU INTERREG Alpine Space projects: YOURALPS and GAYA:
- Day-to-day management, planning and implementation of the project activities
- To coordinate the logistical and administrative arrangements of meetings, trainings, workshops and other project activities
- To ensure that all projects deliverables/output are delivered on time
- Drafting of narrative and financial reports and monitor/evaluate the relevant project activities
- Liaise with project partner and the Alpine Space JS secretariat
- Support the implementation of the Work packages activities in a flexible way, in close cooperation with all the PP
- Provide strategic/content input and advices to the PP in project development
- Ensure the coordination of all communication activities (Project website, social network, communicational tool development)
- Insuring the communication work of ALPARC (Newsletters, Internet, Facebook etc.)
- To ensure the overall management of the international educational project “Youth at the Top” (YAT) edition 2017
- Cooperating with other staff members on request (administration and communication)
- Effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Autonomous work ability
- High motivation for the promotion of international cooperation between protected areas
- Fluent English and at least one other Alpine language
- Perfect handling of the current software programmes (EXCEL, WORD, PPT, BaseCamp …)
- Competences and interest in educational topics focusing on environmental education and sustainable education approaches
- Experience of management/coordination of European projects will be highly appreciated (EU programme as INTERREG ASP, ERASMUS+ or LIFE+)
- Good knowledge of operation and management of social networks and websites (back office)
- Good communication skills (writing, drafting)
- Capacity to animate, interact and build relations and with a multi-cultural partners/members/stakeholder/ environment
- High motivation to work for and in the Alpine Space
Level of training:
- High school certificate and 5 years’ studies in projects relevant disciplines; experiences in the field of EU Projects and especially Alpine Space projects (Interreg)
- He (She) has not to have any military obligations, to be in the possession of a valid driving licence (car) and to be able and willing to accept numerous professional travels within the Alps and Europe during several days.Location: F – 73000 CHAMBERY with numerous travels within the Alps
Work contract: 12-month time limited work contract starting if possible from the 24st of April.
All documents of candidacy (CV, letter of motivation) must be sent by mail only and with the concern “ALPARC
Call for tender - External consultant for communication activities for the Association "Alpine Town of the Year"
There is currently one job vacancy.
To be regularly informed about vacancies at ALPARC or in other organizations and institutions working on the protection and sustainable development of the Alps, please subscribe to Cipra's Jobmail service.
We regularly have interns working in the following areas (always related to Alpine protected areas and our network):
- Biodiversity and ecological connectivity
- Regional development and quality of life
- Mountain environmental education
A spontaneous application is always appreciated. In order to apply, please send us your CV (European format, Curriculum vitae Europass) and a motivation letter (1 page) in English or French to info[at]alparc.org.
Please note: Internships usually cover a period of six months. Our activities in the field of international cooperation cover project management, communication, services to our members, organisation of international events and coordination of the exchange of experiences between Alpine protected areas. Internships have to take place in cooperation with a University (master-equivalent level).
Place of work: Chambéry, France.
Languages: We require a good level in both spoken and written English and in two other Alpine languages (French, Italian, German and Slovenian).
For further informations regarding the administrative procedure for internships in France please visit the Centre d’Information et de Documentation Jeunesse.
published on 22 december 2016
Call for tender - Project management support for INTERREG Alpine Space project YOUrALPS - Closed
The YOUrALPS project has been recently approved in the frame of the 2nd call of the INTERREG Alpine Space Programme (2014- 2020).
The main aim of the project is to raise youth awareness on the entire Alpine natural and cultural heritage, by supporting youth environmental educational process via interconnected formal and non-formal education considering the Alps as natural, cultural, living and work space beyond borders.
The Lead Partner (LP), ALPARC - the Alpine Network of Protected Areas, launches a tender for management support for all tasks of financial management and smooth support for project administrative co-ordination. Participation is open to all legal persons who are established in a Member State of the European Union or in a country or territory of the regions covered and/or authorized by the specific instruments applicable to the programme under which the contract is financed.
Find the procurements, the terms of reference and all other relevant documents below.
Deadline for tender submissions is the 15th of January 2017.